Recent studies show 36 million Americans don’t have any teeth. Further, the report suggests 120 million people are missing at least one tooth.
If you have a missing tooth or need teeth replacements, consult a cosmetic dentist.
The good news is dental implants are the closest you can get to natural teeth. They allow you to regain self-esteem while you can confidently eat, laugh, smile, talk, kiss, and enjoy your everyday activities without worrying about your teeth.
Why Should You Choose Dental Implants
With implants, you’ll
- Improve the look of your mouth: Missing teeth can lead to a sunken jawbone, making you look older. Implants help shape your mouth while restoring your youthful appearance.
- Speak and chew comfortably: You can speak comfortably and enjoy a variety of your favorite food without worry.
- Stable and secure: Implants anchor securely to your jawbone. They are the foundation of crowns and bridges and is a permanent alternative over dentures.
- Preserves your bone and gum: No other tooth replacement helps maintain your tooth structure, reducing the risk of tooth decay under the crowns.
- Correct bite issues: Implants resolve teeth shifting around thus, correcting bite issues.
Are You Suitable for Dental Implants?
Almost anyone who has a missing tooth (or teeth) is a candidate for dental implants. Here are a few things that you need to know
- Good health is a must. Your mouth must be examined thoroughly; your medical and dental history reviewed. Any dental problems need to be addressed before placing the implants.
- Stopping smoking considerably increases the success of your implant treatment. Heavy smoking can affect your healing process and the long-term health of your gums surrounding the implant.
- A cosmetic dentist will check your oral hygiene. There’s a need to keep your teeth clean and your mouth plague-free.
- Medical conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes, cancer and blood clotting disorders can affect your outcome. You may still be a good candidate with these medical conditions however, you’ll have to be thoroughly assessed to determine your situation.
This also applies to people who use drugs that suppress their immune systems and maybe people with habits such as grinding or clenching.
Overall, implants have a high success rate. A cosmetic dentist will carry out a careful examination to determine if you’re best suited for this treatment
Think you need a dental implant? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Cooperman at Dental Ben’s.